1-2-3 Chocolate Topped Chunky Energy Bars
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 200 g dates
- 300 g mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place the whole / chopped nuts in a food processor, (use a mixture of any - I had almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts). Pulse a few times to break down to a fine consistency.
- Add the dates, pulse again to combine add a splash of water if needed.
- Place the mixture into a suitable baking tray/silicone tray ready to set in the fridge while you melt the chocolate topping.
- Place 100g bar dark chocolate, (broken into small pieces), in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (don't allow the water to touch the bottom of the bowl).
- Add a tbsp coconut oil - this will help to make it a good pouring consistency.
- Pour equal amounts over your nut and date mixture and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the bars into your desired shape and size.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days in a suitable container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!