15 minute Epic Tasting Pulled BBQ Jackfruit Burger
- 1 tin jackfruit - 200g drained weight
- 200 mls tomato passata
- 1 dash apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sweet smoked paprika
- 1 TBSP tamari
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp dried onion granules
- 1 tsp liquid smoke - optional
- 2 wholemeal burger buns
- 1 leaf cabbage washed, shredded, blanched in hot water
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 TBSP vegan mayo
- Place the jackfruit into a sieve and rinse under running water, then shake off excess water. Tear/shred the jackfruit into smaller pieces using clean hands.
- Place the jackfruit into a medium sized pan with the tomato passata, apple cider vinegar, sweet smoked paprika, dried onion and garlic granules and liquid smoke (if using).
- Heat on a low to medium heat with a lid secured for 8-10 mins until heated through. Add a splash of water if needed to prevent burning.
- Build each burger by layering the shredded cabbage, slices of tomato, red onion, BBQ jackfruit and vegan mayo before serving immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!