Stuffed Crust Plum & Blackcurrant Jam Brekafast Galette
- 2 cups wholemeal bread flour
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened but not fully melted
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 cup very cold water place an ice cube in the water to cool it
- 3-4 tbsp blackcurrant jam good quality, 100% fruit shop bought or homemade
- 3-4 plums washed and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup coconut yogurt to serve
Prepare the dough
- In a large bowl, place the flour, sugar and salt and combine using a fork or knife to cut through the mixture.
- Break the coconut oil into small pieces and add to the flour using your clean hands to rub the oil and flour mixture together until you form a crumb-like texture.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the water, then very gradually add the water mixture to the flour bowl, while mixing it together with a fork.
- Once the dough is sticking together and compacting, you have added enough water. Use your hands to form a dough ball.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth or tea towel and place the bowl in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Split the plum slices into how many galettes you are making (3 or 6).
- Remove the dough from the fridge and split into portions.
- Take one portion and return the rest to the bowl and cover with the towel so they do not dry out.
- Gently roll the dough out as thinly as you can without breaking it. You may find it easier to place a piece of greaseproof paper on top so the mixture does not stick to the rolling pin.
- Transfer the rolled out dough to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Continue with the remaining dough to make 3-6 galettes.
- Add a spoonful of the blackcurrant jam to each galette, ensuring it reached the edges.
- Fold the edges in roughly about 1-2cm to form the stuffed crust.
- Begin layering the plum slices in a circular arrangement until you reach the middle.
- Use any excess jam to fill any gaps.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes checking they do not burn.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt.
This recipe will make 3 individual galettes which can be halved to make 6 portions. Alternatively, make 6 smaller galettes. For an alternative, use a different stone fruit or a different flavour of jam, or even chocolate spread!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!