Cauliflower Curry with Brown Rice and Fresh Coriander
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 4 dried bird eye chillies
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 12 cardamom pods seeds removed and crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- 1¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 large cauliflower broken into small florets (around 650g)
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 250 ml vegan-friendly hot vegetable stock made with 1/2 stock cube
- 75 g mangetout
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts toasted chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 300 g basmati rice
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion for 7 mins until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Increase the heat and add the chilli, all the spices and the cauliflower florets. Fry for 5 mins, stirring frequently, then add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins.
- Cook the rice to pack instructions.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, uncover the pan and add the mangetout. Cook for 3 mins to heat through, stirring regularly and mashing some of the cauliflower into the sauce to help it thicken slightly.
- Serve the curry with the cooked rice and a scattering of toasted cashew nuts and chopped coriander.
Made using a recipe from Tesco Recipes as part of a campaign for promoting their vegan food range. You can find it here
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!