Cauliflower Curry with Brown Rice and Fresh Coriander
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 4 dried bird eye chillies
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 12 cardamom pods seeds removed and crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- 1¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 large cauliflower broken into small florets (around 650g)
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 250 ml vegan-friendly hot vegetable stock made with 1/2 stock cube
- 75 g mangetout
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts toasted chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 300 g basmati rice
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
Fry the onion for 7 mins until starting to soften.
Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
Increase the heat and add the chilli, all the spices and the cauliflower florets. Fry for 5 mins, stirring frequently, then add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins.
Cook the rice to pack instructions.
Once the cauliflower is tender, uncover the pan and add the mangetout. Cook for 3 mins to heat through, stirring regularly and mashing some of the cauliflower into the sauce to help it thicken slightly.
Serve the curry with the cooked rice and a scattering of toasted cashew nuts and chopped coriander.
Made using a recipe from Tesco Recipes as part of a campaign for promoting their vegan food range. You can find it here