Activated, Roasted Nut, Oat & Chocolate Granola
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cups almonds
- 3 cups oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp pure Maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp dark chocolate powder
- Place the nuts in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak overnight. This will activate the nuts ready for roasting the following day.
- Drain the nuts and add them to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well to ensure all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the granola mixture onto a baking tray (you might need to use 2 baking trays). Ensure the granola is in an even layer to ensure even cooking.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake at 160 degrees C for 20 minutes (see notes below).
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container until ready for serving. It will keep for 1-2 weeks if stored with a lid in a cool place.
- Serve with plantbased yoghurt and fresh or dried fruit and an extra sprinkling of extra seeds.
This recipe requires overnight soaking to activate the nuts. This recipe should provide enough granola to feed one person for about 5-7 days depending on portion size. It is important to ensure you stir the tray of granola a few times during the cooking time to prevent it burning on one side (usually at the back). Every 10-15 mins would be sufficient.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!