Apple, Celeriac & Artichoke Soup with Thyme
- 400 g Jerusalem artichokes wash excessdirt, chop any unwanted bits
- 1 medium cerleriac roots removed, outer edges peeled/chopped, roughly diced
- 1 large brown onion skin removed, diced
- 2 sticks celery washed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large eating apple cored, diced
- 1 large handful fresh thyme removed from stalks
- 3 tbsp plantbased yoghurt for topping
- 3 small handfuls cashews for topping
- Place all the soup ingredients into a large pan and add enough water so that all the contents are covered.
- Place the lid firmly on the pan (I use a pressure cooker for soups which ensure no liquid is lost, it cooks faster and preserves more nutrients).
- Bring the pan to the boil then simmer gently for 20 minutes or until all the contents are soft enough to blend.
- Turn off the heat and use a stick/hand blender to blitz the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Season with sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately in bowls and top with a swirl of yoghurt, a handful of cashews and a sprinkling of thyme leaves.
Serve with sourdough bread for a more filling meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!