Baked Smokey Butterbeans & Vine Tomatoes on Sourdough
- 1 tin butterbeans rinsed, drained
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP tomato puree paste
- 4 TBSP water
- 20 vine tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Place all of the baked beans ingredients together in an oven proof dish and mix together.
- Add the vine tomatoes and garlic (no need to peel), on top of the beans and place the dish in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes.
- Toast the sourdough bread just before the beans are due to come out of the oven.
- Place the toasted sourdough on 2 plates and top with half of the baked beans for each serving, add the vine tomatoes and 2 cloves of garlic each (squeeze the garlic from the skin).
- Add a few slices of avocado, olive oil and season with ground black pepper before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!