Easy-peasy, high energy muffins perfect for a boost of energy, breakfast on the go or just a mid-afternoon treat, these muffins take just 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes to bake and even less time to eat 😉
I like to make a batch of these on Sunday mornings – the smell of freshly baked banana muffins is enough to entice my teenage sons out of bed before 12pm! I’d call that a success!
It’s Sunday morning here, late August and the sun is streaming through the windows, I’ve just had one of these delicious muffins with a cup of coffee and life feels GOOD 🙂 Simple pleasures are the best don’t you think?!
Why not make some so you can enjoy a morning like that too…..
Banana & Peanut Butter, Choc Chunk Muffins - gluten-free, vegan
- 12 hole muffin tray, muffin cases (optional), food processor
- 2 large ripe bananas or 3 medium
- 50 mls pure maple syrup
- 80 g solid coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 200 g wholemeal buckwheat flour
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 100 g peanut butter
- 60 g dark chocolate chunks
- Place all of the ingredients (EXCL. the dark chocolate) into a food processor and process for about 1 minute until thoroughly mixed and combined.
- Take the food processor jug off the machine and stir through the dark chocolate chunks until evenly spread.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray (use muffin cases if desired for easy removal or grease the muffin tray if not using the cases). Continue to fill until each of the 12 holes has an even amount of mixture.
- Place the muffin tray into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- Check the muffins are cooked through by inserting a metal skewer and seeing that it comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, serve or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.