BBQ Jackfruit Burger on Crusty Sourdough Bread
- 1 crusty sourdough roll
- 1 tomato washed, sliced thinly
- 1 handful fresh green leaves washed
- 1 small red onion skin removed, sliced
for the jackfruit and BBQ sauce
- 200 g jackfruit removed from the can, drained, shredded
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp molasses syrup use Maple syrup if you do not have molasses
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch granulated dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch dried garlic granules
- 1/3 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
Place the jackfruit and BBQ sauce ingredients into a bowl, combine and then leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
After marinading, add the ingredients to a pan and heat over a low heat for about 8 minutes until heated through.
Slice the sourdough roll in half, add the tomato, green leaves and red onion and top with the jackfruit in the BBQ sauce and the other half of the bread.
Serve immediately while still warm!