BBQ Jackfruit Burger on Crusty Sourdough Bread
- 1 crusty sourdough roll
- 1 tomato washed, sliced thinly
- 1 handful fresh green leaves washed
- 1 small red onion skin removed, sliced
for the jackfruit and BBQ sauce
- 200 g jackfruit removed from the can, drained, shredded
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp molasses syrup use Maple syrup if you do not have molasses
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch granulated dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch dried garlic granules
- 1/3 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Place the jackfruit and BBQ sauce ingredients into a bowl, combine and then leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- After marinading, add the ingredients to a pan and heat over a low heat for about 8 minutes until heated through.
- Slice the sourdough roll in half, add the tomato, green leaves and red onion and top with the jackfruit in the BBQ sauce and the other half of the bread.
- Serve immediately while still warm!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!