Blackberry & Vanilla, Buckwheat Groats & Oat Porridge Pot
- 2/3 cup jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1.5 cups plantbased milk or filtered water
- 1 small ripe banana ashed when ready for serving
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- Place the oats and buckwheat groats into a small pan and add the water or milk. Leave to soak for at least 20 minutes. 2 hours soaking will give a much better result or leave overnight in the fridge in preparation for the following morning.
- When you are ready to serve, gently heat the oats and buckwheat groats in a low heat. Add a little more liquid if needed so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the porridge is warmed, stir through the mashed banana, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and blackberries.
- Serve in a pot or small bowl with a few extra blackberries on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!