Blood oranges and pomegrates are just 2 of the jewels of Winter produce. The orange-raspberry flavour of the blood oranges go really well with the sweet, juicy pomegranate seeds. Adding a few cubes of dark chocolate to the warm porridge and allowing it to melt gives a luxurious chocolate orange mix! Seeds and dried fruit add a little crunch and extra sweetness and lots of nutrition.
Not a bad way breakfast to wake up to in the morning 😉
Enjoy! Joanne x
Blood Orange, Pomegranate, Sunflower Seeds & Cacao Porridge Oats
- 1 cup jumbo oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cups plantbased milk
- 2 cubes dark chocolate
- 1 handful mix of dried fruit and seeds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 blood orange peeled and sliced
- Place the oats in a container with a lid, add the water and apple cider vinegar, stir well and leave to soak overnight. You can leave to soak at room temp or in the fridge.
- The following morning, drain the oats in a sieve and rinse under a running water.
- Add the oats to a pan, cover with milk, add a lid and simmer gently for about 5 mins. Turn off the heat and leave to continue soaking in the hot milk for a further 5 mins. This will help to really cook the oats through but prevent over drying or burning.
- Add the oats to a bowl and add all the toppings.
- Add all of the toppings and serve!