Creamy coconut yoghurt blended with wild blueberries and banana makes up this lovely purple smoothie bowl with fluffy buckwheat groats topped with a mix of nuts and seeds and some refreshing mint. If you have some buckwheat pre-prepared in your fridge, then this breakfast will take just a few minutes to put together.
Blueberry & Banana Smoothie with Buckwheat, Nuts & Seeds
- 1 cup dry buckwheat groats rinsed
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1.5 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut flavoured yoghurt or any you prefer
- 2 handfuls mixed seeds and nuts
- fresh mint leaves optional
- Place the rinsed buckwheat groats into a pan, cover generously with water, bring to the boil then simmer for around 15 mins until cooked. Drain the water and rinse under running cold water in a sieve until cool. If you are using pre-prepared buckwheat groats, you can skip this step.
- While the buckwheat is simmering, place the banana, blueberries and yoghurt into a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Place all of the prepared ingredients into bowls and top with the nuts, seeds and mint leaves, if using. Serve.