Start the day with a plant-protein packed bowl of buckwheat groats, hemp seeds and walnuts in hazelnut milk, topped with fresh blueberries, goji berries and kiwifruit providing over 20g of protein, plus healthy fats and a host of other nutrients, it’s a bowl to get you off to a good start!
You can make the buckwheat groats in advance for serving over 3 days so cook more than you need to cater for the next few days if you prefer.
Buckwheat Groats with Hemp, Walnuts, Goji, Blueberries & Kiwi
- 2/3 cup dried buckwheat groats rinsed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds hulled
- 1 cup blueberries washed
- 1 kiwifruit washed, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1 dash hazelnut milk
- Place the buckwheat groats into a pan with 2-3 times the volume of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20mins.
- Whilst the buckwheat is simmering, prepare the rest of the ingredients by washing and chopping, ready to add to the bowl. You can place the dried goji berries into a small bowl with a bit of water to re-hyrdate for a few minutes if you prefer but this is optional.
- Once the buckwheat is cooked, rinse it in a sieve under running, cold water. Return it back to the pan and stir through a dash of hazelnut milk.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and serve!