Buckwheat & Oat Porridge with Creamy Tahini, Cacao & Maca
- 1 tbsp tahini plus a few tbsp's of water to form the cream
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup buckwheat groats
- 2.5 cups plantbased milk
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 1 tbsp peanut putter
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 banana sliced
- Add the tahini to a small bowl with a few tbsp's of water and stir together until you form a runny, creamy consistency. Leave to one side while you prepare the porridge.
- Add the buckwheat and half of the milk to a pan, turn the heat to a low setting, place on the lid and allow the buckwheat to warm gently for 10 minutes. Stir on occasion to prevent sticking.
- After 10 minutes, add the oats and remaining milk and keep on a low setting for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Once the porridge is cooked and has softened, add it to a bowl and top with all the remaining ingredients, including the tahini cream.
If you soak your buckwheat and oats overnight, you can either eat them straight after soaking or heat them for a reduced time of 10 minutes if you prefer your porridge warm and cosy 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!