Butternut Squash, Carrot, Ginger & Tumeric Soup
- 1 large brown onion skin removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic skin removed and minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger root skin removed and grated
- 2 tbsp ground tumeric or use fresh tumeric root if available
- 2 cups butternut squash if you have pre-roasted use this, otherwise remove skin and dice a fresh one
- 2 large carrots washed, ends removed, peeled if not organic, diced
- 600 mls vegetable stock use 1 stock cube
- pinch ground black pepper
- pinch sea salt optional
- 100 g chickpeas from a tin, rinsed, drained
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp harissa seasoning
- 1 tbsp tamari
- pinch gound black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Add the onion to a pan with a drop of oil and fry gently for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots and the stock. Stir and place a lid on the pan.
- Bring to the boil then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
- Place all the topping ingredients, excluding the rosemary, into a frying pan with a drop of oil, give it all a good stir and fry until the skin of the chickpeas becomes crispy ( a few minutes).
- Remove the pan from the heat and set to one side until the soup is ready.
- Once the vegetables have softened, use a hand blender to blitz the soup smooth and creamy, add a little water if needed depending on the desired consistency. Season to your taste.
- Pour the soup into the bowls and sprinkle the spiced chickpeas and rosemary on top before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!