A classic cauliflower soup, upgraded with the addition of sweet ground almonds, the aromatic spices from garam masala and some flavoursome coriander leaves to balance out the flavours. Very easy to make and will provide a lunch option for a few days, packed with goodness, warmth and flavour. It’s filling, low on carbohydrates and fats, making it ideal for food high in nutrients but not in calories.
You will need;
- large head cauliflower
- Vegetable stock
- ground garam masala
- ground almonds
- fresh coriander
Cauliflower, Almond & Garam Masala Soup with Coriander
- 1 large head of cauliflower washed, broken into florets
- 1 bunch celery washed, chopped
- 1 brown onion
- 800 mls vegetable stock
- 1 TBSP ground garam masala
- 100 g ground almonds
- salt & ground black pepper
- Begin by assembling all of the ingredients together.
- To a large pan with a secure lid, add a dash of fat such as ghee, butter or oil and turn up the heat. Add the cauliflower florets, diced onion and chopped celery. Secure the pan lid and turn the heat to a medium setting. Allow the ingredients to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to prevent browning.
- Once the ingredients have begun to soften, add the ground garam masala, ground almonds and stock. Give everything a good stir to combine then replace the lid, bring the pan to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and about 20 minutes, until the cauliflower starts to completely soften.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend the contents using a hand blender until completely smooth.
- Season with salt to taste and add a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Serve while hot and add fresh coriander.
- Any extra soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.