Celeriac & Apple Soup with Garlic and Sage Croutons
- 1 head celeriac roots removed, outer skin removed and diced
- 1 cooking apple cored, peeled and diced
- 1 large brown onion skin removed, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 500 mls vegetable stock
- pinch sea salt & ground black pepper
- 2 slices crusty bread I like to use sourdough
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 fresh sage leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Roughly break the bread up into small pieces, about 1-inch cubes.
- Add the bread to a bowl and stir in the olive oil, sage and garlic until fully combined.
- Place the bread on a baking tray and bake in the oven or place under the grill until they toast and become crispy.
- Set them to one side while you make the soup.
- Add the onion and garlic to a pan and cook gently for 5 minutes until beginning the soften.
- Add the celeriac and apple to the pan, cover with a lid and cook gently for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and seasoning and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the celeriac is soft.
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup until smooth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!