A healthy recipe for all chocolate brownie lovers! Using sweet potato, dates and almonds which are a sweet tasting nut, and a little stevia or xylitol, these brownies are sweet but contain lots of whole food ingredients which have lots of fiber and complex carbs, making them release their energy more slowly, keeping you fuller for longer. Once you have assembled all of the ingredients, they are really easy to prepare by adding all of them to a food processor, blitzing and then adding the mixture to a brownie baking tin.
Please note: you do need to use pre-steamed sweet potatoes and soaked dates for this recipe.
Enoy! Joanne 🙂
Chocolate Brownies with Almonds & Sweet Potato - vegan
- 600 g sweet potatoes steamed until soft
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 250 g dates soaking in boiled water for 20-30mins
- 4 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp xylitol
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- You will need a 20x30cm brownie baking tin for this recipe. You will also need to ensure the sweet potato has been pre-steamed until soft and the dates have been soaked.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add all of the ingredients (excluding the chocolate chunks!) to the food processor and blitz until smooth. Now stir through the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mixture in to the brownie tin and spread out until even.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25mins. Check that it is cooked through by placing a skewer into the centre of the brownie and seeing that it comes out clean. If not, return to the oven for another few minutes and test again.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 8 brownies. Remove each brownie from the tin and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before eating.