Chocolate Orange Crunchy Homemade Garanola
- 1 zest only organic orange washed and zest grated
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 500 g jumbo oats
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pure Maple syrup optional for extra sweetness
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Rub the orange zest with the granulated sugar, this will bring out the intensity of the orange flavour.
- Place the oats, orange zest, coconut oil, cocoa powder and Maple syrup in a bowl and combine.
- Spread the mixture over a large (or 2 small) baking trays and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 mins before placing in an airtight container to store for up to one week. If you place in the container before it has cooled sufficiently, the condensation will make the granola soggy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!