It’s the middle of May but looking outside it would be hard to believe it right now! We’ve had some glorious weather where the thermostat has reached over 30 degrees but now we are back to true British weather and at around 15 degrees for this time of year. It feels ok to be eating a bowl of warm soup! I absolutely LOVE soup! It’s such a great way to eat lots of vegetables, use whatever you have in your fridge! as long as you start with an onion and add some vegetable stock, some dried or fresh herbs; you have the makings of a great meal! There are so many combinations to try. Here, I have one of my favourites as it combines the healthful greens of broccoli and courgette with a good helping of cauliflower – hitting that daily cruciferous vegetable quota with a bang! Tarragon – one of my favourite herbs to use, gives it a lovely, almost liquorice flavour I think is really unique. I really hope you like it as much as I do!
Courgette, Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup with Tarragon
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock stock cube dissolved into boiled water
- 1/2 medium cauliflower cut into smaller pieces
- 1 head broccoli cut into smaller peices
- 2 medium courgettes washed, diced
- 1 brown onion skin removed, diced
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 inch sea salt and ground black pepper to season
- Add the oil to a large pan and fry the onions for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan, bring to the boil and then down to a simmer for about 15 minutes until all the ingredients become cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and use a stick blender to blend all the soup to a smooth consistency. Add a little more water if required to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.