A super simple, 5-minute breakfast you can make on busy mornings when you need something light but nutritious and bursting with flavour.
Ripe mangoes are super sweet and taste absolutely delicious but as they are high in fruit sugar, I have only added a small amount to each of these jars. The chia seeds are full of protein, omega-3 healthy fats and calcium so they make an ideal quick, nutrient dense breakfast or mid-morning snack.
Creamy Mango & Coconut topped Chia Pudding Pots
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp yoghurt your choice of yoghurt
- 1.5 cups frozen mango
- 1 splash coconut milk
- Place the chia seeds in a medium sized bowl and top with water. Stir to combine for a few mins until they begin to swell. Leave to stand for a further few minutes before stirring again to break up any clumps. Add a splash more water if needed as the chia seeds can swell up to 10x their original size and will soak up a lot of water!
- While the chia seeds are soaking, place the frozen mango into a blender with a splash of coconut milk and process until creamy.
- After about 5 minutes, stir the yoghurt with the soaked chia seeds and add equal amounts of the mixture to 3 jars.
- Top the chia pudding mixture with the blended mango and extra mango pieces (optional) before serving.