Crispy Tofu with Soba Noodles & Crunchy Veg
- 400 g firm tofu drained and cut in to cubes
- 100 g broccolini washed
- 1 large red bell pepper stalk and seeds removed, chopped chunky
- 8 baby corn rinsed
- 50 g mangetout rinsed
- 1 large red onion skin removed, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 handful sesame seeds
- 1-2 inch fresh root ginger grated
- 2 portions soba noodles use wholewheat as an alternative
Place the tofu cubes into a bowl with the garlic, tamari and ginger and leave to marinate while you prepare the vegetables and cook the noodles.
Place the noodles in a pan and cook as per packet instructions.
Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok and when it starts to sizzle, add the tofu cubes and cook on a low to medium heat until crispy. Turn the tofu frequently to ensure it is cooked evening on all sides.
Once the tofu is crispy, add the vegetables and remaining liquid from the tofu marinade and toss frequently for a few minutes on a medium to high heat until they are warmed through. You are not aiming to soften them as you want them nice and crunchy but warmed through.
Drain the noodles and add them to the pan, again tossing frequently to combine.