Crispy Tofu with Soba Noodles & Crunchy Veg
- 400 g firm tofu drained and cut in to cubes
- 100 g broccolini washed
- 1 large red bell pepper stalk and seeds removed, chopped chunky
- 8 baby corn rinsed
- 50 g mangetout rinsed
- 1 large red onion skin removed, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 handful sesame seeds
- 1-2 inch fresh root ginger grated
- 2 portions soba noodles use wholewheat as an alternative
- Place the tofu cubes into a bowl with the garlic, tamari and ginger and leave to marinate while you prepare the vegetables and cook the noodles.
- Place the noodles in a pan and cook as per packet instructions.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok and when it starts to sizzle, add the tofu cubes and cook on a low to medium heat until crispy. Turn the tofu frequently to ensure it is cooked evening on all sides.
- Once the tofu is crispy, add the vegetables and remaining liquid from the tofu marinade and toss frequently for a few minutes on a medium to high heat until they are warmed through. You are not aiming to soften them as you want them nice and crunchy but warmed through.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan, again tossing frequently to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!