An ideal mid-week meal you can have on the table in under 30 minutes. Combines the deep flavours of fenugreek with turmeric, ginger, and garlic with the nutty quinoa and sweetness of the potatoes. A dish that ticks a lot of boxes in the taste department and fills your body with lots of fiber and nutrients.
Enjoy! Joanne 🙂
Curried Quinoa with Fenugreek, Courgette & Kale Stir Fry
- 1 cup quinoa rinse in a fine mesh sieve
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 small clove garlic
Fenugreek, Courgette & Kale Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 small brown onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 inch piece root ginger peeled, chopped small
- 1 courgette washed, grated
- 2 leaves kale washed, shreddd
- 1 small sweet potato peeled, chopped, steamed until soft
- 1 handful spinach leaves washed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- Begin by cooking the quinoa as per packet instructions (rinse, drain, cover with double the volume of water, bring to the boil, simmer for about 15 mins, add more liquid during cooking if needed). Drain the quinoa of any excess liquid, stir through the curry powder and the minced garlic.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato, steam until soft - around 15mins.
Fenugreek, Courgette & Kale Stir-fry
- Chop the onion and place it in a frying pan with a tiny dash of oil. Fry over a low heat until soft - about 6-8 mins. Add a splace of water if it begins to brown too quickly.
- Next, add the chopped ginger, minced garlic, fenugreek seeds and stir for a minute.
- Now add the grated courgette and cook for a few minutes while stirring continuously.
- At the end of cooking, add the shredded kale leaves and cook for 1-2 mins more. Take off the heat.
- Add the cooked quinoa, Stir-fry and sweet potatoes to a serving bowl and serve with the avocado and a sprinkling of hemp seeds. Season with sea salt and ground bacl pepper to taste.