Double Chocolate, Almond and Hazelnut Truffles
- 2 cups date paste make your own by soaking 2 cups of dates in water for a few hours, drain most of the water but not all (keep the water for something else like a smoothie), blitz until it becomes a smooth paste, add more water if needed.
- 1 cup finely ground almonds make your own by blitzing in a food processor
- 1 cup finely ground hazelnuts see above
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 100 g dark chocolate for the coating
- 1 tsp coconut oil to help with the consistency of the coating
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine well.
- Use your hands to create tablespoon sized balls of the mixture and continue until you have used all the mixture from the bowl I got 22 from this quantity but it depends on how large you want the truffles.
- Place the truffle balls in the freezer to set while you melt the chocolate coating.
- Place a bowl over a pan of boiling water (ensuring the bowl does not touch the water) and break the chocolate into smaller chunks.
- Add the coconut oil and use a wooden spoon to stir the chocolate until it is all melted.
- Remove the truffle balls from the freezer and use a spoon to cradle them into the chocolate until they are fully covered.
- Rest each ball on a rack in order for them to set.
- They are ready to eat as soon as the chocolate has set (if you can wait that long!) or keep them in the fridge until ready for serving.
The chocolate coating will start to harden quite quickly, especially if the room is cold, if it does, you can melt again over the pan of hot water or add a few drops of boiled water to loosen it again. Add some chocolate shavings to the top if you want them even more chocolatey!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!