It’s only February but the weather has been glorious recently! This calls for refreshing smoothie bowls to be added to the menu again!
Smoothie bowls really are one of the best ways to cram loads of nutrient filled goodness into one meal and when they take literally minutes to prepare, there really is no excuses to not eat healthily!
Throw it all in a blender and get smoothie making!
Enjoy! Joanne 🙂
Begin by assmebling all of the ingredients. You will need;
- A handful of green leaves – I have used kale and spinach
- A ripe banana – the more ripe, the sweeter it will be, which is always welcomed in a smoothie!
- Half a small avocado
- A kiwi fruit – you can leave the skin on – just wash it
- A tbsp flax seeds
- A tsp wheatgrass powder
- A scoop of rice or pea protein powder
- A cup of nut milk or water – I used hazelnut milk
Throw it all in a blender;
Blitz until creamy and smooth;
Pour into a bowl to serve;
And top with what you fancy! I used frozen mixed berries, almonds, hemp seeds and cacao nibs.
Green Smoothie Bowl with Wheatgrass, Flax & Berries
- 1 handful spinach leaves washed
- 1 handful kale leaves stems removed, washed
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp wheatgrass powder
- 1 tsp rice protein powder or any you like
- 1 cup hazelnut milk or water
Place all in a blender and blitz until creamy and smooth.
Top with frozen mixed berries, almonds, hemp seeds and caco nibs - or whatever you have available!