Vegan Rich & Smooth Red Wine & Blackberry Jam Gravy
- 2 onions Skin removed and quartered
- 2 carrots peeled if not organic and ends removed
- 2 sticks celery washed
- 4 tbsp red wine
- 1 tbsp blackberry jam
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp marmite
- 2 tbsp cornflour dissolved in a little water and mixed in to a paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1.5 ltrs vegetable stock
- pinch sea salt and pepper
- Place the oil, onion, carrots and celery into a large pan with a lid and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes until they soften.
- Stir in the jam, marmite, thyme, tomato puree, red wine vinegar, cornflour paste, bay leaf and red wine.
- Gradually add the stock and stir everything together.
- Replace the lid, bring to the boil then to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place a sieve over a large bowl and pour the gravy into the sieve.
- Press down the sieve using a masher to extract as much juice as possible.
- Season using the salt and pepper then serve the gravy immediately or store in a suitable container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!