Homemade Sweet Almond Milk
- 1 cup almonds prefereably almonds which have been soaked in water overnight, your milk will be much creamier in texture
- 5 cups water filtered if possible
- 2 dates soaked with the almonds overnight
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz for 1 minute on the highest setting.
- Pour the liquid through a nut milk bag (or muslin if you do not have a nut milk bag) which has been placed over a sieve, over a bowl.
- Once all the milk has been strained, squeeze all excess liquid from the nut milk bag or muslin, until there is no liquid remaining.
- Save the remains of the almonds from the nut milk bag for a future recipe.
- Store the almond milk in a clean bottle with a sealed top and place in the fridge. Use within 3-4 days.
- For a thicker milk consistency, use less water and for a thinner consistency, use more water.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!