Fully Loaded, Juicy, Black Bean Burger
- 240 g black beans equal to 1 can, rinse, drain
- 3 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 7 tbsp water
- 2 slices wholemeal bread toasted, roughly broken in to small pieces
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Excluding half of the black beans - place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times - you want it lumpy!
- Stir in the rest of the black beans - leaving some whole gives texture to your burger.
- If your mixture is too wet - add a spoonful or so of jumbo oats then leave them to soak up the excess moisture for a few mins.
- Form 4x equal balls then squash down into flat burger shapes with your hands.
- Gently fry each burger for 1 min on both sides in a little oil to seal them before they go in the oven.
- Pop in the oven for 15 mins.
- Serve in a burger bun with all your favourite extras!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!