A flavoursome, nutritious meal ready in under 15 minutes so ideal as a quick brunch or lunch. 4 good size portions of vegetables and 21g of protein. The garlic is added at the end of cooking, just before serving to preserve flavour and nutritients.
If you prefer to make this meal vegan, swap the eggs for scrambled tofu but draining a block of tofu and crumbling with your fingers and adding to the pan in the same waythe eggs are added in the description below.
Here’s what you will need;
- Red Bell Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Balsamic Vinegar
Kale, Red Pepper & Onion Egg Scramble with Balsamic, Ginger & Garlic
- 1 red onion peeled, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper core removed, washed, cut chunky
- 5 cherry tomatoes washed, halved
- 2 eggs cracked and whisked in a bowl
- 3 kale leaves stem removed, washed, shredded
- 1 garlic clove peeled, minced
- 1 piece of ginger finely grated
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- Begin by assembling and preparing all of the vegetables.
- In a large saute pan with a lid, add the onions and either a splash of water or a few sprays of low cal oil spray. Place on the lid and cook gently for 2 mins over a medium heat.
- After 2 mins, add the bell peppers and tomatoes, return the lid and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Next, stir through the whisked eggs (or scrambled tofu if using) then add the kale. Replace the lid and turn the heat down a little (so you do not burn the egg). Leave to cook for 1-2mins. Remove from the heat and leave the pan with the lid on for another 1-2mins.
- Whilst the pan is left to one side, off the heat, prepare the dressing by mixing the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Remove the lid from the pan and stir the dressing through.
- Add the cooked food to a serving bowl and eat whilst warm. Season as desired.