A simple dish suitable for a quick, filling and nourishing breakfast, brunch, lunch or light dinner. It offers a good amount of protein from the eggs and peas. The kale leaves will wilt down a little during the initial steam cooking so do not be put off by the quantity.
Here’s what you will need;
- frozen peas
- spring onions
Kale, Tomato, Spring Onion & Pea Omelette
- 2 eggs whisked with a splash of milk
- 2 large kale leaves washed, stems removed, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 5 cherry tomatoes washed, halved
- 4 spring onions ends removed, washed, chopped
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- Prepare all of the ingredients as detailed.
- Place the kale into a medium sized frying pan which has a lid. Add a splash of water to the pan with the kale and place the lid securely. Cook over a low-medium heat for 2-3 mins. After 2-3 mins, remove the lid and continue cooking for a minute or just until all of the excess water has evaporated.
- Next, slowly pour the whisked egg evenly across the base of the pan, tilt the pan to ensure even coverage.
- Then, sprinkle in the frozen peas, spring onions and dot the tomatoes at equal distance across the omelette. Replace the lid and cook over a low-medium heat for about 4-5mins or until the egg is cooked through. Do not be tempted to turn up the heat as this will burn the eggs on the underside.
- As soon as the eggs are cooked, serve the omelette while still warm. Season with salt & pepper and add a splash of balsamic vinegar if desired.