A 10-minute meal you can have ready after a long day out of the house using mainly store cupboard ingredients and some fresh kale leaves.
We all need super quick recipes in our repertoire to pull out at the end of a long day and when you’re feeling hangry! Well, this is one of mine – a super quick, healthy pesto full of healthy ingredients and totally bursting with flavour. The pesto takes literally a few minutes to make – just throw all the ingredients into a food processor for a minute and that’s it! You will spend most of the 10 minutes waiting for the pasta to cook, which gives you enough time to put the kettle on and rest your feet 😉
The recipe serves one but you could make double and save it in the fridge for the next day.
Well, lets not delay! Get out all of the ingredients and start cooking!
Enjoy! Joanne 🙂
Here is what you will need for the ingredients; walnuts, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon, kale, pasta shells, hemp oil, apple cider vinegar, and some garlic. If you get them all ready before starting the recipe, it will make life much easier…..
Start by adding the pasta to a pan covering with water and bringing to the boil. Allow to simmer for about 10 mins or as per packet instructions, until it is cooked through:
Next, add all the pesto ingredients to a food processor:
And blitz for a minute or 2 until you reach a fine, coarse texture:
Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then run it under a cold tap to take off some of the heat, this will make it easier to stuff as the pasta shells will not be too hot! Then, use a small spoon to fill each shell with the pesto mixture:
It’s ready to serve once you have filled all the shells:
Kale & Walnut Pesto Stuffed Giant Pasta Shells
- 4 large kale leaves washed, de-stemmed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp hemp seed oil sub for olive oil if needed
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 14 giant pasta shells
- Place the pasta shells into a pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and then simmer for about 10 mins or as per packet instructions, until cooked through.
- Place all of the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blitz for about a minute until you reach a coarse, grain texture.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it using a sieve and then run it under a cold tap for a minute to bring down the temperature.
- Use a small spoon to fill each of the shells.
- It's ready to serve!