Lentil Ball Bolognese Tagliatelle Pasta
- 1 tin pre-cooked lentils brown or green, rinse and drain
- .5 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 slice wholemeal bread toasted and broken in to smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp water
- 100 g dried pasta
- 350 mls tomato passata
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- 1 small brown onion skin removed and diced
- 1 bunch fresh herbs I used Greek Basil
- Place the lentils, tomato paste, chia seeds, vegetable bouillion powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, dried garlic granules and toast pieces into a food processor and pulse 2-3x until creates a TEXTURED mixture (you do not want the lentils to break down completely).
- Remove the mixture and create equal sized balls with your hands.
- Seal by gently frying with a little vegetable oil of your choice in a frying pan, over a low heat, turning frequently until all sides of the balls are sealed.
- You can use immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge for when you need them (up to 2 days).
- To create a meal straight away, place the pasta in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins or as per packet instructions.
- Add the onion to a frying pan with a little oil and fry gently for a few mins before adding the tomato passata, dried herbs.
- Add to lentil balls to the tomato sauce.
- Drain the pasta.
- Serve both mixtures immediately and add a topping on nutritional yeast flakes for a cheesy taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!