To celebrate the arrival of Spring, this smoothie bowl has soft pastel hues, flowery textures, juicy fruits and sweet flavours….. full of health-giving ingredients to start any day with a ‘Spring’ in your step 😉 It’s got courgette which makes any smoothie super creamy, mango and strawberries to sweeten and lots of texture in the buckwheat groats and chia for that crunch, not to mention a bit of hidden turmeric and black pepper for an anti-inflammatory boost….
Mango, Courgette & Almond Smoothie Bowl with Strawberries
- 1 courgette washed, ends removed, quartered
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp oats
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 0.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 5 strawberries tops removed and chopped in half through the middle
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pomegranate pips
- 1 handful coconut flakes
- 1 tsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp cashew butter mixed with a few tbsp water to make into a cream
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into the blender and blitz until smooth (about 1 minute in a high-speed blender). Add a little water if needed for ease of blending.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and top with all the topping ingredients followed by a drizzle of cashew cream.
- Serve and enjoy!