A vibrant orange sauce which is suitable for either beef or chicken dishes. It doesn’t take long to prepare and the flavours infuse during a low but short simmering on the stove top. You can make the sauce in advance and add to cooked meatballs or chicken. I serve the dish with extra vegetables or a small serving of quinoa or brown rice.
Here’s what you will need;
- curry powder
- brown onion
- tin chopped tomatoes
- salt & ground black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- optional – scoop of coconut cream
Meatballs in a Carrot & Turmeric Sauce with Coriander
- 1 large brown onion peeled, diced
- 3 small carrots washed, grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh turmeric or ground
- sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large spoonful coconut cream optional for a creamier texture
- 1 bunch fresh coriander for serving
- Add the chopped onion and grated carrot to a medium sized pan with a small amount of your preferred cooking oil (I used ghee).Gently cook the onion and carrot for about 10 mins until translucent and soft.
- Now add the tomatoes, curry powder, minced garlic, turmeric, seasoning and coconut cream (if using), plus 1 cup (250mls) water, to the pan and simmer over a low heat for 20 mins.Blend until smooth using a food processing jug or hand blender.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and then serve with you choice of side and a sprinkling of coriander.