Mini Vegan Homemade Star Mince filled Pies
- 400 g spelt flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 mls olive oil
- 200 mls water
- 1 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1 cup raisins or sultanas
- 2 apples core removed, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 juice of oranges
- 1 zest of orange
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place the flour, salt & oil in a bowl and combine using hands or a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the water until fully combined and forms a dough. Add a little more flour if it becomes too sticky.
- Wrap the dough ball in cling film and place in the fridge for at least half an hour while you make your filling.
- Place all filling ingredients into a pan with a lid on. Use a very low heat and simmer for 30 mins until all soft.
- Mash the pan contents a little using a fork once cooked.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Take the dough from the fridge and roll out until you have a large rectangular shape.
- Use a cutter which has a circumference slightly wider than your holes in the baking tray to allow enough to fit the bottom and sides, creating your mince pie base.
- Place the bases in the tray and add a spoonful of mixture to each one.
- Re-roll the remaining bits of pastry left from the base cuttings.
- Create star shapes using a cutter the same size as the mince pie top and place the stars on top of each mince pie.
- Add the tray to the oven and bake for about 20-25mins until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Serve with coconut yoghurt. For your guests with a sweeter tooth, add a sprinkling of granulated xylitol or some stevia
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!