This policy describes how The Balanced Kitchen collects and uses any information obtained while you visit this website. It is written to help you understand the information we collect when you visit our website, why it is collected and what we do with it.
If you require further information or have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us.
The Balanced Kitchen may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 8th August 2018 to the current date.
If you wish to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR DATA FOR
Uses Made of Data Information include helping businesses to promote their products and services through Direct Marketing including Mailing, Telemarketing, SMS and Email campaigns. We may collect, store and use the following personal information;
Information provided by you completing the forms on our websites, including email newsletter
Information where you express an interest in a product or service, which will enable us to contact you in relation to this service
We may use your data profile and information for marketing purposes to help our customers deliver direct marketing communication that are relevant to you
Information where we may call you by telephone regarding this product or service
We may share your details with carefully selected businesses who want to contact you by telephone, post or email to offer you goods and services that we believe will be of benefit to you.
Information we collect:
- Information you give to us
- Personal information we may hold name, address, telephone number (landline or mobile), demographic (i.e gender, location), life stage (i.e age, homeowner) and other lifestyle variable depending on which method your personal information has been collected. We do not collect or hold any health, financial or credit details to any individual.
- Email addresses obtained through the ‘subscribe to recipes’ function or ‘Contact me’ page
- Cookies, Google Analytics
WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED
Any personal information that The Balanced Kitchen collect will be stored in a secure database in the UK. This may include information regarding your visit to the website, IP address, location and website viewing information. It may also include information that you provide to us when and if you register on www.thebalancedkitchen.co.uk, including your email address. This personal information will be kept and used in accordance with the Data Protection and GDPR regulations
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
The Balanced Kitchen may sell or license your details with carefully selected businesses who want to contact you by telephone, post or email to offer you goods and services that we believe will be of benefit to you. This may be through third party agency’s or our end user clients. We only deal with reputable clients in accordance with UK Data Protection Law. Our clients may contact you by post, telephone or email for direct marketing purposes.
Third Party agencies may include partners, marketing services providers, data brokers and other Data Controllers. Below is an example of the sectors and business types that we operate in;
Examples of the business types within each sector, but not limited to these
Finance & Insurance
HOW DO WE PROCESS DATA UNDER LAWFUL BASIS
- Consent – where we have your consent to receive marketing communications for relevant products and services through our clients direct marketing channel.
- Legitimate Interest – GDPR guidelines for Legitimate Interests are stated ‘the processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest.’ An organisation may wish to rely upon Legitimate Interests where Consent is not viable or not preferred and the Balance of Interests condition can be met. The GDPR states “may be regarded as…”, so organisations will still need to ensure they can establish necessity and balance their interests with the interests of those receiving the direct marketing communications
- Other Business Activities – We also rely on legitimate interest if we are processing your personal details in a business capacity, such as: conducting market research; unsubscribing you from our databases; adding you to our suppression file; sending you newsletters; or communicating with you about an enquiry you have made”
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS
You can opt out or withdraw consent at any time by Contacting Us through www.thebalancedkitchen.co.uk or email@example.com
You have the right to be informed what we are doing with your data, the right of access, you have the right to be forgotten by erasure, you have the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability, the right to object and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. Cookies are used by most websites to tailor content and marketing messages to better suit your needs.
If you would like to find out more about cookies you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Like many other Web sites, The Balanced kitchen makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and the number of clicks to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
The Balanced Kitchen is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.