Tropical flavours of mango, banana, passionfruit and coconut make up the filling for these easy to make raw, vegan hazelnut based tarts. They will take about 15 minutes of preparation, plus some chilling time in the fridge to set and you have a delicious Summer dessert recipe which can be whipped up in minutes!
Raw Tropical Mango, Banana & Passion Fruit Tarts with Hazelnuts
- 4x tart tins 3.5" dia
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates
- 1 TBSP pure Maple syrup optional but will help to stick mixture together better
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 ripe mango flesh only
- 1 large ripe banana peeled
- 2 spoonful's thick coconut yoghurt
- 1 spoonful coconut flour only add at the end if the filling mixture needs thickening
- 2 passion fruits
- You will need 4x tart tins 3.5" diameter
- Place all of the base ingredients into a food processor and process for 1-2 mins until it starts to stick together.
- Split the base mixture equally between the 4 tart tins and press down using the under-side of a spoon and spread evenly until compact, ready for filling. Place in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
- Wash out the food processor jug then place all of the filling ingredients (excluding the coconut flour) and blitz until smooth. Add the coconut flour if the mixture is too runny (this might happen depending on how ripe your mango and banana is). Process again until smooth.
- Remove the tart bases from the fridge and spoon on the filling mixture, spreading evenly.
- Chop the passion fruits in half then spoon the passion fruit on top of the tarts before placing in the fridge to set for about 1 hour.