A lovely roasted vegetable dish with bell peppers, butternut squash and red onion. Chickpeas and halloumi make up the protein for this meal and healthy fats come from the olive oil. Omit the halloumi to reduce calories and fat intake and also to make it vegan/dairy-free if you wish.
The dressing of raw garlic, sweet balsamic vinegar and pomegranate seeds, gives this dish a flavour boost as well as providing extra nutritional benefits.
Under 500cals and provides a good amount of protein at 21g. This recipe makes 2 servings and you can store half in the fridge for the following day if needed.
Here’s what you will need;
Prepare all of the ingredients and lay the on a baking tray, ready to cook in the oven for 20-25mins until beginning to char on the edges.
After cooking, the ingredients should look like this;
Serve warm with a side of green leaves and a drizzle of the dressing;
Roasted Butternut, Peppers & Red Onion with Chickpeas & Halloumi with Pomegranate Dressing
- 200 g butternut squash use frozen or fresh (peeled), cubed into small 1" pieces.
- 1 green bell pepper washed, seeds and core removed, chopped chunky
- 1 red bell pepper washed, seeds and core removed, chopped chunky
- 10 cherry tomatoes washed, halved
- large large red onion peeled, sliced
- 100 g halloumi sliced
- 200 g chickpeas 1 tin, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/4 pomegranate - seeds only
- Prepare all of the ingredients of the main dish as outlined.
- Place all of the prepared ingredients into a large bowl and mix with the olive oil - use clean hands or a large spoon.
- Spread the ingredients onto a large oven tray and spread evenly, before placing the tray in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20-25mins or until the ingredients are starting to brown and the butternut is cooked through. Turn the tray around and move the ingredients on the tray half way through cooking to ensure even heat distribution.
- While the ingredients are cooking, prepare the dressing by placing all items into a jar, add a splash of water to thin and secure the lid and give it a shake. Alternatively, place in a bowl and stir together with a spoon. Leave to one side for serving.
- Once the food has cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with the dressing and a side of green leaves.