Roasted Vegetable, Quinoa and Cashews
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 cups broccoli washed, broken in to small florets
- 1 orange bell pepper washed, seeds and stalk rmoved, chopped into large chunky pieces
- 1 large red onion skin removed, quartered
- 1 avocado skin removed, stone removed, chop in to chunks just before adding (otherwise it will go brown)
- 1 juice lime
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch seasoning
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Place the bell pepper and red onion on to a baking tray and pour on the oil.
Place the tray in the oven and roast for 30 mins.
Place the quinoa and vegetable stock in a pan with a lid and cook for 20 mins until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fully cooked. You will know it's cooked when you see the little white 'tail' appear from the seed.
Place the broccoli in a steamer and steam for 4mins.
Remove the bell pepper and onion from the oven.
Drain the quinoa using a sieve.
Add the quinoa, bell peppers, onion, broccoli, lime, cashews, coriander leaves, avocado and seasoning to the mixture and combine.
Serve warm or keep in the fridge in a sealed container for the next day.