A Summer salad using sweet potatoes, red bell peppers and courgettes, combined with quinoa, chickpeas and fresh spinach.
Roughly chop the sweet potatoes, courgettes, peppers and red onions and pop them on a baking tray, evenly spaced to ensure they cook properly. If you overcrowd them, they will steam rather than roast due to the amount of water within them. Use 2 trays if you feel they do not have enough space to spread out.
Roasted Vegetables Summer Salad with Quinoa & Chickpeas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 large courgette washed, chopped
- 2 red onions peeled, quartered
- 1 large red bell pepper washed, chopped
Rest of ingredients
- 1 cup pre-cooked quinoa
- 1 cup pre-cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lemon or lime juice to serve optional
- Begin by preparing all of the roasting vegetables and pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees C. Place the prepared vegetables on a roasting tray (use 2 if needed), drizzle a small amount of oil on the veggies and roast in the oven for about 35mins until starting to caramelise.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, remove the tray from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Pour the cooked quinoa, chickpeas and spinach over the roasted vegetables, combine together before placing on a large serving bowl. Serve with lime or lemon juice (if using).