A substantial salad combing the caramelised flavours of roasted vegetables mixed with sweetcorn, peas and spinach with quinoa and chickpeas, all dressed in a creamy tahini dressing.
Roasted Veggies with Corn, Peas & Chickpeas - Tahini Dressing
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled roughly chopped
- 1 large courgette washed chopped
- 2 red onions peeled quartered
- 1 large red bell pepper washed chopped
Rest of ingredients
- 1 cup pre-cooked quinoa
- 1 cup pre-cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lemon or lime juice to serve optional
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 heaped spoonful tahini
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 TSBP pure Maple syrup
- 1 dash water for a thinner consistency and ease of mixing
- Begin by preparing all of the roasting vegetables and pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees Place the prepared vegetables on a roasting tray (use 2 if needed), drizzle a small amount of oil on the veggies and roast in the oven for about 35mins until starting to caramelise.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all of the dressing ingredients with a whisk in a small bowl.
- Place the frozen peas and sweetcorn into a bowl and cover with freshly boiled water and leave to stand for about 7 minutes to defrost, then drain.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, remove the tray from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Add the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, spinach and drained peas and sweetcorn to the roasted vegetables, combine together before placing on a large serving bowl. Serve with the dressing drizzled over.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!