Rocket & Walnut Pesto Rigatoni Pasta
- 150 g rocket leaves washed
- 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 portions dried pasta
- process all in a food processor and serve with cold pasta (I cooked my pasta then ran it under cold water for a few mins) I think it brings out the flavour of the pesto better than serving warm but you choose!! Serves 2 unless you are me and eat the whole lot straight from the pan
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Place the rocket leaves, toasted pine nuts, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice and nutritional yeast flakes into a food processor, pulse a few times until you have a grainy consistency.
- Drain the pasta and run the pasta under cold water, in a sieve, for a few minutes to cool it down.
- Return the pasta to the pan, add the pest mixture and stir through.
- Serve immediately.
I personally think this dish is best served at room temperature hence the cooling of the pasta before adding the pesto and the cooling also helps to preserve the nutrients within the pesto but if you prefer yours hot then feel free to add the pesto straight after draining the pasta!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!