Spiralized Veggies with Marinated Tofu and Tahini Cream
Tofu & Marinade
- 400 g firm tofu drained
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh root ginger grated
- 1 tbsp pure Maple syrup
- 2 carrots tops removed, peeled
- 2 courgettes tops removed, washed
- 2 leaves purple cabbage washed, shredded
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp dark tahini
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 juice lemon
- 1 juice lime
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut the tofu into small pieces, place in a bowl with the marinade ingredients and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes but preferably a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
- After marinating, place the tofu pieces into a frying pan and fry gently for about 10 minutes until heated through and starting to crisp on the outside.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and blend together using a stick blender, until smooth. Add more water if desired for a thinner dressing consistency.
- Spiralise the carrot and courgette. Place in a bowl with the red cabbage and combine.
- When you are ready to serve, add the veggies to the plate with the tofu and squeeze some of the dressing over the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!