Stuffed Crust Walnut, Tomato & Broccoli Pizza
Base - makes enough for 2 pizza bases
- 350 g strong white flour
- 25 g polenta
- 7 g sachet fast acting yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 270 mls lukewarm water
Topping - topping is for ONE pizza only. Double to make 2 pizzas or reserve the extra dough for the following day
- 2 handfuls walnuts
- 100 g broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 30 baby tomatoes reserve 20 for the topping and slice each one in half
- 3 tbsp passata
- pinch sea salt & ground black pepper
- splash water for ease of blending
- Combine flour, polenta, yeast in a bowl. Add oil.
- Gradually add water while stirring. When a ball forms, knead with clean hands for a few mins.
- Leave in bowl and cover with damp towel. Leave to rise for a few hours at room temp.
- Blanch broccoli florets in boiled water for 2 mins. Drain. Place all ingredients (excluding 20x extra baby toms) in a blender and pulse until lumpy texture.
- Half your pizza base dough. Roll out one half on a floured, flat surface. IMPORTANT! now place the base on your pizza baking tray BEFORE adding topping! You'll never get it on otherwise. Learn from my mistakes...!
- Spoon the topping on and smooth RIGHT UP TO THE EDGES.
- Fold in the edges to form the stuffed crust.
- Place all the sliced baby toms on top. Oven bake for approx 20-25mins until cooked and golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!