Stuffed Red Peppers, Roasted Garlic, Potatoes & Walnuts
- 3 bell red peppers washed, desseded, sliced in half top to bottom
Rice, Pesto & Walnut Filling
- 1 cup brown basmati rice rinsed
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 shallots skin removed, diced
- 2 tbsp green basil pesto
- 3 handfuls walnuts
- 300 g baby potatoes washed, halved
- drizzle rapeseed oil
Roasted Gram Flour coated Cauliflower
- 1 small head cauliflower washed, broked into small florets
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 whole bulbs garlic tops sliced off, leave in skin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the rice in a pan with the stock cube and top with water. Place a lid on the pan, bring to the boil then turn down to the lowest setting to simmer for 20 mins or as per packet instructions until fully cooked. Turn off the heat and leave with lid on until you are ready to fill the peppers.
- In a large bowl, add the gram flour and mix with a little water until it forms a runny liquid (but not too thin). Add the cauliflower and ensure it is covered in the liquid.
- Place the sliced peppers, cut side down, on a large baking tray. Arrange the potatoes, gram flour covered cauliflower and garlic bulbs around the peppers and drizzle everything in a little oil.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the ingredients are baking in the oven, add the sliced shallots, walnuts and pesto to the rice pan and stir through.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, spoon the rice mixture into each of the bell peppers. Return the tray to the oven and bake for a further 5+ minutes until everything is roasted and golden.
- Remove the tray from the oven, season with salt and pepper, squeeze the garlic from its skin (discard the skin) and serve while warm.
If you do not want to use all the garlic, keep it in the fridge to use as a ready roasted garlic paste to spread on pizza or garlic bread, add to soups or pesto!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!