Super 5 Green Vegan Walnut & Pesto Pizza
- 375 g plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 pkt dried yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 mls lukewarm water
- 1 large head broccoli blanched in hot water for 2 mins
- 3 handfuls walnuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 handfuls spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 courgette
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 handfuls watercress
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- Place flour, salt & yeast in a bowl. Stir.
- Add oil. Slowly add water whilst stirring.
- Once combined, with clean hands, knead the mixture for a few mins until you create a smooth ball.
- Place a damp towel on top of the bowl and leave at room temp for 1-2hrs until approx. Double in size.
- Once risen, divide mixture into 4. Roll out each section until flat. Blind bake for 15mins at 180 degrees.
- Place the blanched broccoli florets into a food processor and pulse until broken down.
- Add the walnuts, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast flakes and pulse again to combine. Add a splash of water if needed.
- Remove the pizza bases from the oven and spoon on 1 quarter of the broccoli mixture onto each base. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out.
- Add 1 quarter of the peas and a few courgette shavings to each pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15mins.
- Remove from the oven, add the watercress, balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!