5 minutes – 5 ingredients – that’s all it takes to make this incredibly delicious soup!
I was on my way out to the shops to buy a few ingredients but decided to not go and try and create some lunch from what I already had at home. I found some sweet red onions, a bag of frozen peas and some parsley from the garden as its currently Springtime and it’s growing like wildfire in my herb pot! I wanted something nourishing so opted to make a soup with the added ingredients of fresh garlic and some vegetable stock. 5 mins later, I was eating this really amazing soup and feeling suitably nourished with greens, without spending a penny!
I love what concoctions can be created when you put your mind to it! I am guilty as charged for running out to the shops before checking what I already have in the cupboards but this method of shopping leads to food waste, an expensive weekly shopping bill and panic when you realise you have too much fresh food which all needs to be eaten at once :/
Here’s what you will need for the soup;
- red onion
- frozen peas
- vegetable stock
- fresh parsley leaves
Sourdough bread is optional but adds a lovely alternative to a spoon 😉 !
Sweet Pea, Parsley & Red Onion Soup
- chopping board
- 1 small red onion peeled, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 g frozen peas
- 300 mls hot vegetable stock
- 1 large handful fresh parsley leaves
- Sauté the chopped, red onion in a medium sized saucepan with a lid for about 1-2 minutes. You can sauté in a dash of oil or water if you prefer to make the recipe oil free.
- Add the garlic to the onions and stir through, before adding the frozen peas and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil quickly then leave to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the parsley. Use a stick blender to blend the soup to your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.