Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper & Onion Pizza with Kale Gremolata
Pizza and topping
- 1 pizza base
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato - pre-cooked thin slices, steamed or roasted
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese grated
- 1 large leaf of kale washed, chopped fine
- 1 large clove garlic chopped fine
- 1 zest lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the sauce onto the pizza base and spready evenly.
- Add the cooked sweet potato slices, red onion, bell pepper, vegan cheese and balsamic vinegar to the pizza and cook in the pre-heated oven, on a suitable baking tray or pizza stone, for 12 minutes.
- To make the gremolata, simply mix the finely chopped kale, garlic and lemon zest together in a small bowl.
- After 12 minutes, remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle on the kale gremolata. Return the pizza to the oven for 3-5 minutes until the gremolata is turning crispy, but not burnt.
- Slice and serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!