Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse Pots with Crunchy Cacao Nibs
- 1 large sweet potato peeled, diced
- 4 tbsp thick, plantbased yoghurt I used soya but coconut yogurt would be lovely too
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder or use a good quality dark, chocolate powder
- 50 mls pure Maple syrup or rice malt syrup although this won't taste as sweet as Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs optional but will give a lovely crunch
- 1 tiny pinch sea salt optional
Place the diced sweet potato in a steamer and steam until soft enough to mash (roughly 10 mins).
Once the sweet potato has cooled, add it to a bowl and mash with a fork until there are no lumps.
Add the remaining ingredients (excluding the cacao nibs), and mix really well until the mixture is smooth and fluffy. You can use a handheld mixer to make it easier if you prefer.
Add the sea salt if desired for taste.
Split the mixture between 2 glasses, top with the cacao nibs and place in the fridge for a few hours to set. They can be left overnight if required.