Tamari & Garlic Marinated Tofu Stir-fry with Rice Noodles
- 2 portions rice noodles
- 200 mls vegetable stock
Tofu & Marinade
- 300 g tofu drained, pressed to removed excess liquid
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp tamari
- 2 sweet red peppers washed, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 spring onions washed, ends removed, chopped
- 2 shallots skin removed, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 juice of lime
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander
- Place the tofu, tamari, and garlic in a bowl and allow to marinate while you cook the noodles and prepare the other ingredients.
- Place the vegetable stock in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice noodles and simmer for a few minutes until soft, as per packet instructions.
- Drain, retaining some of the stock for serving and set to one side.
- Add the rapeseed oil to a large frying pan or wok and heat for 1 min.
- Add the onions, sweet red pepper and tofu to the pan and toss frequently while they cook for a few minutes.
- Once cooked through, add the rice noodles and toss again until mixed and heated through.
- Add the sesame oil and retained stock.
- Turn off the heat and divide the stir-fry into 2 bowls.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice and lots of fresh coriander.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!